College Preparation is of the utmost importance at Northridge, and part of preparing for college includes being ready to take the all-important SAT test. The course will consist of 10, two-hour sessions with each session containing a 10-minute break. The class will cover all of the important steps for success on the test, including:
- Understanding the composition of the SAT test.
- Understanding the subject material contained in the test.
- Practicing the techniques needed to navigate successfully through the test.
→ Timed exercises in all portions of the test to help deal with the time effect
→ 3 step reading system
→ Speed reading and writing techniques
- Applying understandings/techniques into a 4 hour mock SAT Test.
STAFF: John Kestler, Headmaster Emeritus, has been teaching at Northridge for over 30 years. For 10 years he was in charge of the college prep class and coached students with excellent results including a number of perfect or near perfect scores on the SAT Test. His students have gained admission at some of our country’s most competitive schools including Yale, Stanford, and Notre Dame. Mr. Kestler has a passion for helping kids through America’s most nerve-racking test.
- This class is open to any student who has completed Algebra 1.
- Students should bring a calculator and notebook to class each day.
- Registration is a first-come first-served basis. We will take the first 20 students.
June: 13, 15, 20, 22, 29
July: 11, 13, 18, 20, 27
Hours: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Grades: Incoming 8th – 12th