“Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots – but you have to play the ball where it lies.” -Bobby Jones
The goal of the Golf Camp is to spark or further develop a love for the game of golf within your son. All aspects of the game will be covered including course etiquette, full swing, short game and putting. The camp will be filled with fun games and drills with prizes to make sure the boys enjoy themselves as they develop their golf games. For the more advanced golfers, we will work on taking their skills onto the course and applying it to a competitive golf round. On the final day, the boys will have the opportunity to use the skills they have developed during the week on the course in a nine hole outing.
STAFF: John Powell, NRP ‘07 captain, NRP Varsity Golf Coach, was an All-State golfer in high school and continues to play competitive amateur golf. Recent tournament appearances for John include the Illinois Open, the Chicago Open and the Illinois State Amateur Championship. In the past three years he has coached two state finalists including a Division I collegiate golfer and multiple sectional qualifying teams. John will be assisted by Joe Egan, father and coach of two state qualifying golfers, as well as current collegiate players.
- Camp will be held at Golf Center of Des Plaines
- The Final Day(Saturday) will be held at Willow Hill Golf Course as the boys compete in the “Northridge Junior Open”.
- On a normal camp day, a bus will leave Northridge at 1:30pm for the Golf Center and return around 5:30pm.
- Camp fee includes daily range balls, nine hole greens fee, and prizes.
- Registration is a first-come first-served basis. We will take the first 15 golfers.
Dates: July 11 – 15
Hours: 2:00 – 5:00 PM
Grades: Incoming 5th – 9th