“Always in pursuit of adventure.”
The Dangerous Camp for Boys aims to develop courage and a love of life through challenge, teamwork, adventure, and fun. These activities almost always involve an excessive amount of water balloons. Every boy needs adventure. It’s what we’re made for. Adventure gets us out of our comfort zone and leads us to discover the incredible potential we have to change our world for the better. Through adventure, we become the men we we’re created to be.
Why is this camp “Dangerous?” Dangerous Camp is dangerously fun, not unsafe. After your son experiences Dangerous Camp, you will have a hard time stopping him from wanting to do these activities all the time! The camp is based on the best-selling book “The Dangerous Book for Boys.”
Hobbies and Skills Every Boy Should Know. We challenge your sons to grow by helping them to find the passions that will fuel their own adventures. Camp is divided into four ‘Companies’, each competing in a different sport, skill, teamwork challenge, and ‘field exercise’ each day.
Stories of Great Adventures. To inspire campers to pursue their own adventure, each team will hear stories of the “dangerous men of history” and their great adventures. Boys have the option to attend one, two or all three of the camp sessions.
- Knot Tying
- Paper Airplanes
- Land Navigation
- Fire Building
- First Aid
Field exercises will involve activities like:
- Obstacle courses
- Capture the flag
- Treasure hunts
Henry Clark ‘14, Director of DC4B,
Henry is a senior at University of Minnesota, majoring in Aerospace Engineering. He is the founder of Northridge Dangerous Camp and has been a counselor in leadership camps for the past four years. He is trained in CPR and Virtus education training.
- Drop off will be at Northridge from 8:30-9:00 AM. Busses will then take the boys to the camp site. Busses will return around 2:45 PM and pick up will be from 3:00-3:30 PM.
- Camp will be held at a Big Bend Lake Park
- Dress in normal summer attire. Campers bring bag lunch and drink from home. Please remember sunscreen and a water bottle! (we will also have sunscreen and water coolers in case anyone forgets)
- Each camper will a receive a “Dangerous Camp T-Shirt” (included in the camp fee) upon conclusion of the camp.
- Inspired by the Dangerous Book for Boys