Algebra is a foundational subject that most students will use throughout their study of Mathematics. This course focuses on strengthening the concepts of Algebra and is intended for students studying Algebra 1 this Fall. To make the transition to Algebra easier, the course introduces students to the key concepts they will encounter. The course will consist of 10, two-hour sessions with each session containing a 10-minute break. Classes will take place at Northridge.
The content of this course will include, but not be limited to:
- The number system and properties of addition and multiplication
- Order of operations
- Percent and proportions
- Linear and quadratic equations and expressions
- Solving equations
STAFF: John Kestler, Headmaster Emeritus,
Mr. Kestler has been teaching Mathematics at Northridge for over 30 years. He teaches at both the high school and middle school levels.
- Registration Limits. Registration will be on a first-come first-served basis. We will take the first 20 students.
- Required Materials. Students should bring a calculator, notebook, to class everyday. Materials will be passed out and no textbook is required.
- Class Credit. These courses are intended for enrichment purposes only. Students will not receive any credit on their transcript for taking this course.