College preparation is a priority at Northridge, and part of preparing for college includes being ready to take the ACT test. The course will consist of 10, two-hour sessions. The class will cover all of the important steps for success on the test, including:
- Understanding the composition of the ACT test.
- Understanding the subject material contained in the test.
- Practicing the techniques needed to navigate successfully through the test.
- timed exercises in all portions of the test to help deal with the time effect.
- 3 step reading system.
- Speed reading and writing techniques.
- Practice new skills during a 4 hour mock ACT Test.
STAFF: John Kestler, Headmaster Emeritus,
Mr. Kestler has been teaching Mathematics at Northridge for over 30 years. He teaches at both the high school and middle school levels.
- Who’s eligible to enroll? The class is open open to any student who has completed Algebra 1.
- What should students bring? Students should bring a calculator and notebook to class each day.
- Registration Limits. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis. We will take the first 20 students.