High School Band
|For Credit (Y/N)||Y|
|Meeting Days||Monday – Friday|
|Meeting Times||Activity / Elective Period
Sectionals: lunchtime (click here to learn more)
|Teachers||Mr. John Riccobono, Mr. Doug Klatt|
Mr. Riccobono, along with Mr. Klatt, will continue to instruct participants in being skilled, committed band members.
Events & Topics
The band plays for home basketball games and is featured at two major school concerts, Fall and Spring Open Houses, and high school graduation. Our jazz band is featured at our annual fundraiser, Dinner at the Ridge, and made a trip to Mexico last year during spring break to our brother school, Northridge Mexico!
Skills & Benefits
- Students receive a grade for band, which means it helps your GPA and appears on your transcript.
- Colleges see you can handle a serious commitment in addition to academics.
- The band makes a special trip each year – recent trips have included Mexico, the Illinois State Jazz Festival.
- Band members represent the school at all major functions, including basketball games.
- Students acquire a sense of dedication and excellence which spreads to all of their other pursuits and activities.
Music lessons offered before and after school.
High School Band meets five times a week during Elective Period plus sectional rehearsal on once a week for each section during lunch. Band students should NOT commit to any other clubs during Activity Period since we need all five days to rehearse in order to prepare to perform at two Open Houses, two Concerts, Dinner at the Ridge, Graduation and additional school functions.