Northridge offers an optional lunch program, provided by “Marla’s Brown Bag Lunch.”
Marla’s provides the flexibility to order lunch just once, or, every for every day. It also provides a few menu options for each day.
ABOUT MARLA’S LUNCH
Marla’s Lunch is a lunch management company that serves over 40 schools in the Chicagoland area. Marla’s has been in business for over 15 years. They’re full service; handling everything from orders to delivery.
SERVICE & DELIVERY
Marla’s prepares all the food off-site and delivers lunch in a brown paper bag with each student’s name on it. School lunches may be ordered weekly, monthly or for the whole semester. Because of allergy concerns, only students who ordered a lunch will receive one; Marla’s does not send extra lunches to be purchased “the day of.” In order for students to get lunch, parents must order it ahead of time.
Each day, there are 7-10 item options to choose from – with healthy and more traditional options available. Student’s portion size can be customized, and salads, desserts, and drinks are also included. Marla’s will not serve any pop; instead there will be water, organic milk (whole and lowfat), Gatorade, and flavored waters. Each lunch costs between $6 and $9.50. Each lunch comes with two sides (one side is usually a fruit or veggie).
Parents must order online ahead of time at marlaslunch.boonli.com. Once you set up your account, you can order by month, week, and also edit or cancel orders.
Note that orders for the following week must be confirmed each Monday at 12pm noon. The system prevents any changes after Monday at 12 PM. For example, to get lunches for the first full week of school (August 24 to August 27), parents must order before August 17 at 12pm noon (the Monday of the previous week).
Ordering becomes available Starting August 10th.
The first school day that Marla’s Lunch is available August 24th (note, school starts August 20)
- Snow Days – On snow days Marla’s credits each student’s account with a lunch. On snow days parents don’t need to cancel their order with Marla’s. Northridge will communicate with Marla’s when a snow day will take place.
- Refunds – Marla’s does not offer refunds — only credits for future lunches.
- Field Trips – On school field trip days, parents won’t be able to sign up for lunch. Marla’s will have the school’s field trip schedule ahead of time, and will black out those days.
- Allergies – Marla’s does not make any food that contains nuts. However, cross-contamination is possible since Marla’s works with other restaurants, food companies, and chefs. Parents of students with allergies should contact Marla’s for additional information about how to protect your son. Marla’s can accommodate for allergies, so please don’t hesitate to reach out to her (contact info below).
- Sick students – If a student is sick, parents can pick up the student’s lunch at school. Alternatively, parents can donate their lunch to teachers.
CONTACTING MARLA’S LUNCH
If you have any more questions or concerns, you can reach Marla at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 224.269.0068. For technical support on the website, please email email@example.com.