REMOTE CLASSES (Spring 2020)
Classes will continue remotely through the end of the 2019-20 academic year.
Remote Classes Schedule
- Remote (live) class begins daily at 8:15 am, Monday – Friday.
- Three classes per day, following the schedule above.
- Office hours as scheduled above (blue boxes). These are optional for students to attend.
- Additionally, students will have daily assignments posted in onCampus.
|What students should do:||What students can expect from teachers:|
|Classes & Tests
What Parents should do:
If your son will be absent, follow normal procedure:
- Parents: report his absence to Nancy Kopecky: firstname.lastname@example.org, (847) 375-0600 x100
- Students: should contact his teacher to make up class
Communicate. Don’t hesitate to communicate with your son’s teacher, if needed
School is closed physically till further notice. School will continue remotely as long as we are closed physically.
Spring Break (March 23 -27): No Classes.
Week after Spring Break (March 30 – April 3): 8:15 am daily, Monday – Friday, one or two classes each day: This week begins a “soft launch” of remote classes. Students will have one or two classes per day, beginning at 8:15 am, Monday through Friday. Classes will be taught live by teachers and recorded in case a student misses one. In addition to the classes, your son will continue to have daily assignments posted in onCampus, and teachers will have scheduled office hours.
Monday, April 6: Full remote teaching begins: 3-classes-per-day, beginning at 8:15 am, Monday – Friday: Our full plan for remote classes will have three classes every morning, rotating through each of your son’s courses. These will be live classes, taught remotely by the teachers (and recorded). The three classes will start at 8:15 am and finish by 12 noon, followed in the afternoon by scheduled (but optional) office hours with teachers.
A detailed schedule for the weeks of March 30 and April 6, with student & teacher expectations, will be posted by end of Wednesday, March 25.
For academic questions:
- Always start with your son’s teacher – email him or send him a message in onCampus. Otherwise …
- Middle School: Joe Rhee, email@example.com
- High School: Peter Fletcher, firstname.lastname@example.org
For onCampus questions: Carol Corter, email@example.com or call (847) 375-0600 x101
For attendance: Nancy Kopecky, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 375-0600 x100
For behavior, health and/or travel questions: Emmett McGovern, email@example.com