Jump to a Section:
- Financial aid process
- Hosting international students
- Scholarships, and
- Our online systems.
- Re-Enrollment Information
Overview & How To's
Modify Payment Plan or Due Dates
Please contact Mr. Chong: firstname.lastname@example.org
After setting up your payment plan and due dates during enrollment / re-enrollment, you’re unable to change them. But the school can.
Financial Aid Calendar
Various Scholarships & Discounts
Scholarships. Northridge does not offer merit-based scholarships of its own. But, we’re very happy to accept outside scholarship grants you may earn, and reduce your tuition bill accordingly.Some common scholarships our students may earn are “Empower Illinois,” and the “Daniel Murphy Scholarship.” We encourage you to apply for these if you think you might qualify. If you win a scholarship or think you may win one, please contact Mr. Chong: email@example.com. He’ll apply your scholarship to our system, to reduce your tuition bill. In the case of scholarships regular communication is helpful; err on the side of over-communication.
Discounts. Northridge offers two discounts, described below. Please note that the deadline to submit the documentation for either discount is June 1.
- Sibling Discount. Northridge offers a sibling discount to families with multiple children at either Northridge, Embers, or Willows Academy. Details and application process are explained in this document.
- First Responder Discount. A First Responder Discount of $5,000 per student is available for families whose primary source of income comes from a parent employed full time as a first responder (police, fire, or paramedic). Details and application process are explained in this document.
Can I combine both discounts? No. The intent of these discounts is to honor the family’s particular circumstances. A family cannot hold both discounts at the same time, or combine one with Financial Aid. If these discounts do not make Northridge sufficiently affordable for your family, apply for Financial Aid instead of the discount.
About the Financial Aid Process
Before applying for Financial Aid, do consider whether you could host an International Student. It’s usually a very good experience for a family. And, most families find that hosting allows them to avoid applying for Financial Aid.
- March 15 – Deadline to complete your Financial Aid application
- May 1 – Financial Aid awards are sent to families
- May 15 – Financial Aid awards expire, if not accepted by this time
How to Apply.
You apply through SmartAid. Create a new account on Smart Aid. Note: your Smart Aid account is separate from your onCampus account. Halfway through the application, you’ll need to use our school code: 14169. Want step-by-step instructions with screenshots? Click here.
Stages in Financial Aid Process.
- Completing your application. Your application will help the school understand your financial needs. You’ll upload copies of your tax returns, and a number of financial statements: mortgage, credit card, bank account, retirement accounts, etc. And you’ll fill out a questionnaire about your family’s activities. All this is due by March 15.
- Application verified. Once you complete and submit your application, Smart Aid then reviews it for accuracy and completeness. If Smart Aid finds gaps or errors in your application, they’ll notify you. Your application won’t be considered for a Financial Aid award until you’ve fixed any gaps they may find.
- Award granted. Once your application is shown “in good standing”, Northridge reviews it and, if you qualify, gives you a Financial Aid award. You’ll receive an email from Mr. Chong with the award.
- Awards applied. By May 1, all Financial Aid awards are applied to your account in Smart Tuition (After April 15, you can see if the award is applied by logging in to onCampus, then clicking “Resources”, then clicking “Smart Tuition”.)
Hosting International Students
Hosting Earns the Following.
- Full Year: $11,100
- Semester: $5,550
- Quarter: $2,775
March 15 Priority Deadline. Those who request to host by March 15, and are approved, will receive a guaranteed “Hosting award”, which will reduce their tuition. Those who request to host after March 15 may receive a hosting award, but only if the school has sufficient international students.
How to Become a Host family. Simply email Mr. Chong at firstname.lastname@example.org expressing your interest in hosting. Mr. Chong will give you a call and discuss how it works. Those who request to host by March 15, and are approved, will receive a guaranteed “Hosting award”, which will reduce their tuition. Those who request to host after March 15 may receive a hosting award, but only if the school has sufficient international students.
A Word on Our Systems
Northridge uses the following systems to manage finances
- onCampus is our primary system. It’s where you re-enroll, access Smart Tuition, view grades, update your contact information, and most everything else. To access: Login here.
- SmartTuition is a portal within onCampus. Starting for the 2020-21 academic year, use Smart Tuition to view your tuition bills, purchases, and manage the bank account and credit cards that get charged. To access Smart Tuition: Login to onCampus, then click “Resources”, then “Smart Tuition” Note: your Smart Tuition account is the same as your onCampus account.
- Smart Aid Starting for the 2020-21 academic year, use Smart Aid to apply for Financial Aid. To access: Login here. Note: your Smart Aid account is different than your onCampus account