Students Zooming Temporarily
Locker materials. Students who need to stay home may not have all the materials they need to continue their education remotely. How does my son obtain materials from his locker when “zooming” into classes? 3 step process
- Google Form. Fill out the Zoomer Drive-Thru Form before 10 am the day you’d like to get the materials.
- Parking Lot Drive-Thru. Come by Northridge (Door #1) between 1 and 1:45 pm and get your materials from a labeled bin.
- Go Home with all the materials your son needs to continue learning!
When do we get the materials?
- Monday through Friday between 1-1:45 pm.
- In order for us to have the right materials ready, we ask that you fill out the Zoomer Drive-thru Form and indicate what day you will come on. For same day pickup, submit the form by 10 am.
Okay, we have filled out the form. How exactly do we go about picking up the materials?
- When you arrive, pull up to Northridge Door #1.
- There will be one (or more) bins right by the door – one of them will be labeled with the student’s last name. Simply take materials from the bin with the student’s last name (see below):
Student Expectations & How to Test
Students who are Zooming have the same accountability as if they were physically in class.
- Homework: Turning in Homework that day, knowing the Homework for that night
- Notes: Taking notes in class
- Quizzes: Taking the quiz during class, being ready for quizzes the next day(s)
- Tests: Taken the same day (after school) or the next morning (before school)
Attendance: If you Zoom, you’re considered “Present.” When teachers take attendance, they will note you as “Zooming,” which will be counted as “present.”
How to take Tests – If “Zooming” in for class
If you have a test the day you Zoom, when will you take it
- Not during class. Students “Zooming” into a class will NOT take the test during class due to the lack of proctoring.
- Same day, after school. Instead, you’ll take it later that same day at set hours.
- 4:00 PM – Test 1
- 5:00 PM – Test 2
- More than two tests in one day? They will be spread out over the next day or two.
If you have a very good reason why you cannot test at 4:00 or 5:00 pm that day, you should communicate with BOTH the Remote Testing Coordinator and your teacher that same day.
Remote Testing Coordinator. Who? Mr. Tom Lipscomb
Before the Test
- How will he contact you? Our Testing Coordinator will contact you via email with the test details.
- The Testing Coordinator will tell you the materials you should have on hand, time limit, and the link for the Zoom meeting.
- Assume you’ll take the test at 4:00 pm.
What happens if you miss the Testing Coordinator’s email?
Just show up at 4:00 pm… Our Testing Coordinator will send you the test information, including the Zoom link. If you miss it, just show up for the test at 4:00 pm. How? The testing link is in onCampus. Follow these steps:
- Login to onCampus
- Click on “Resources”
- Then click on the “Take a Test over Zoom” post (See below):
Viewing the Test online
After joining the Zoom call, the student will be sent a link through the Zoom chat to a PDF of the test through Digify. The PDF will self-destruct at the end of the testing time. The student will also be emailed a code to access the document as an added security measure.
2 Cameras required
- The student will need two devices (cameras) … for example, use both your laptop and a cell phone
- Zoom will need to be downloaded on both devices.