Have you ever wanted to master the brick? Do you love LEGO almost as much as life? Well, then this is the camp for you. LEGO Builder Bootcamp will teach your son all that goes into becoming great with the brick. They’ll learn about the history of the company and the community around the toy, how to access their creative side, as well as constructing countless cool creations. Enroll today and unlock the Master Builder inside of you!
Why LEGO Builder Bootcamp?
Campers will gain deeper knowledge of the sprawling (and relatively unknown) community of adults and kids alike. Guided instruction and continuous competition will be commonplace throughout the week, and campers will leave with a whole new set of skills crucial to future creativity and fun. The basic schedule for the week is as follows:
- Day 1: Introduction to the camp and video presentation showcasing what we will focus on for the next few days. Also, interact with the instructor’s own builds.
- Day 2: Learn about LEGO conventions and participate in the fun activities featured at these events.
- Day 3: Unlock the competitive spirit in you by watching excerpts from the LEGO Masters TV show and later by having our very own build contest!
- Day 4: Work some of your favorite book and movie characters into your LEGO builds by experimenting with brick superheroes, Jedi, wizards, hobbits, and more! Use what you’ve gathered at the end of the day to beat out your fellow campers in a sci-fi/fantasy LEGO showdown.
- Day 5: Access the fighter inside of you and experience a LEGO battle scene. Find out ways to build your own army and finish off the camp with a military build competition for a prize
Jack Arnold, Northridge Class of 2022, University of Alabama Class of 2026
Northridge alum, Jack Arnold ‘22, is in his second year of studies at the University of Alabama, double majoring in Biology and Marine Science, plus focusing on the STEM to MBA program. An avid LEGO builder from a young age, Jack looks forward to sharing his favorite pastime with others while passing on tips and tricks he’s learned along the way! You can contact Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ian Diez, Northridge Class of 2025
A rising Northridge senior, Ian has always felt a special connection with “the brick.” Having attended and displayed at numerous LEGO conventions, he is well-versed in building techniques and community lingo. He is beyond excited to be running his first camp at Northridge this summer! You can contact Ian Diez at email@example.com.
Camp fee: $225
Session 1: June 24 - June 28
Hours: 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Entering Grades: 4, 5, 6
Enrollment cap: 30
Camp location: Northridge