During a visit to Northridge, your son will be assigned a student guide (or ambassador) who will accompany him for the entire day. He will attend classes and experience what a typical day at Northridge is like. We prefer to have students visit Monday through Thursday because we want your son to experience Activity Period (not held on Fridays). In order to schedule a Shadow Day, please contact us, or fill out this request and we’ll reach out to you.
For a Shadow Day, it is important to note the following:
- Drop-off is at 8:15am and pick-up is at 3:15pm (Monday – Thursday).
- Drop-off is at 8:15am and pick-up is at 2:35pm (Friday).
- Attire is khaki pants, a collared shirt, and dress shoes.
- A change of clothes (t-shirt and shorts) and sneakers are needed for gym class.
- We recommend bringing a book you enjoy reading.
- Lunch will be provided – please let us know if you have any food allergies.
We look forward to your visit to Northridge!
Tips for a successful Shadow Day:
- Meet your teachers. Your Ambassador will introduce you to them. Ask any Northridge alumnus and he will tell you that the faculty is one of the best parts of our school. Take the time to get to know them.
- Have any extracurricular interests? Please let us know in advance or when you arrive in the morning. We’ll do our best to introduce you to the different activities at the school.
- Try to relax. It’s never easy to be a visitor in a new school, but we will do our best to make you feel comfortable and welcome. You’ll find that ours is a relaxed environment where students are given a great deal of freedom to be themselves and interact with the faculty.
- Have fun! Your education, much like your future professional life, should be enjoyable!