FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
1. APPLYING TO NORTHRIDGE
Below you will find a link to our official International Application for Admission to Northridge Preparatory School. Please complete this application in its entirety, and submit it to email@example.com along with scanned copies of the following documentation:
- Your son’s most recent English language standardized test scores if available. For example, First Certicate, TOEFL, Cambridge, or the like.
- Your son’s most recent report cards or transcripts, for both the current and prior year.
- His two hand-written personal statements in English (the prompts for which are contained in the International Application for Admission)
- Biographical page of passport
- A $100 application processing fee (make checks payable to Northridge Preparatory School). Please contact the International Program Director for additional payment options.
In addition to the above components, the school also requires a Letter of Recommendation (in English) by a teacher or administrator at the applicant’s current school. A form for this purpose can be found in the International Application for Admission. Instructions can be found directly on the Letter of Recommendation form. If preferred, the Letter of Recommendation may be sent as an additional scanned document in a separate sheet of paper.
Please note that an application package will be considered incomplete until all required documentation has been submitted. Your application will be reviewed by the admissions committee once completed.
2. APPLICATION REVIEW
Once an application package has been received and is considered complete, the Admissions Committee will meet to review the file. Please allow 2 weeks for this review.
3. SKYPE INTERVIEW WITH STUDENT AND BOTH PARENTS
Once your application is approved by the Admissions Committee, the International Program Director will contact the family via email to set up an appointment for a Skype interview with the applicant. Parents are welcome to be present during this interview. The main objective of this interview is to determine the applicant’s command of the English language, so no form of English language assistance may be available to the applicant during the interview. Please note that this interview is not intended to be a language exam. This interview typically lasts 30 minutes.
4. ENROLLMENT CONTRACT
If the student is admitted to Northridge Preparatory School, you will receive a welcome email from the International Program Director. Within the next few days, you will receive the corresponding I-20 form for visa purposes with the U.S. Embassy in your home country. Also, an enrollment contract package will be emailed to the family’s primary email address. This must be completed and submitted by the deadline established in the enrollment contact.